[Healeys] 2 questions

Alan Seigrist healey.nut at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 22:23:09 MDT 2009

Bob -

David Nock sells the bell housing and clutch shaft you need to convert to
four speed.  You'll need a side change 4 speed box and a BN2 tunnel cover (I
think the Nocks have this too).  You will also need a new clutch plate and
clutch bearing.  Your three speed OD will fit on the back of the 4 speed
box.  You should be able to re use your driveshaft since you aren't changing
the rear end.

Then again, if your 3 speed is working, why replace it?  If it was built
right at the factory, and you are keeping your engine stock, you run a
decent chance it won't break.

Polishing can be done at a machine shop, or you can do it yourself with a
rotary polisher.

Best,

Alan

'52 A90