[Healeys] EPA Takes First Step

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sat Apr 18 14:38:53 MDT 2009

Makes sense--newer cars run much leaner.

Re: the CO2.  A good example of the 'law of unintended consequences.'  Reduce
the HC and CO and increase the NOX--requiring a redesigned converter--and CO2.

Makes you wonder about 'global warming;' even if we're able to reduce CO2--not
likely, given that the Chinese, Indians, etc. aren't interested in cooperating
any more than Oakland is interested in cooperating with Berkeley--and in 20
years all the scientists with an agenda will be raising the threat of 'the new
ice age' (just like they did 20 years ago).

Bob

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net