[Healeys] Fw: Talk about "Not judging a book..."

Ghess4 ghess4 at cox.net
Wed Apr 15 19:51:05 MDT 2009

He to all the Healey folks,
We all tend to judge a book by it's cover sometimes.  This is not about
Healeys but it is about a heart warming story of one British Lady who moved
through life with her own grace and quality.

Before you watch...

She's a homely, heavyset, 47-year old woman who lives alone with her cat.

...was teased mercilessly as a child because an accident at birth left her
sounding mentally disabled.

...admits she has never had a boyfriend, and "has never even been kissed".

And when she watched the tape of her audition said, "Oh my, I look like a
garage".

Onstage, the chuckles began before she even made it all the way out. The
audience openly laughed at her, when she said her dream was "to sing in front
of a large audience, maybe even to be a professional singer"...

Simon Cowel could barely contain his dismay when she poked fun at herself with
a bawdy joke about her age and appearance...

...and then she did this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY