[Healeys] Windscreen Seal or Glazing

John H jhomonek at mindspring.com
Wed Apr 15 09:39:45 MDT 2009

Listers,

I was the lucky receipient of a cracked windshield last year at SE Classic in Lynchburg, TN.  I am now tired of looking through the crack and want to replace the windscreen on my BN7.  The old seal kind of looked like a rubberized windlace material that came from M*** in '05 during my restoration.  The seal I recently received from M*** is a smooth thicker version that basically looks like a cut rubber band.  It does not want to cooperate because of the thickness.  It is just too thick!

Does anyone have experience or can direct me to a source for a better, thinner seal/glazing?  or an alternative from similar application...someone mentioned one from a MGA at one point.

Help!

Thanks in advance,

John Homonek
1959 BN7 - 1974 Jensen Healey