[Healeys] Breaking rusted bolts

jim brown jbrown5093 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 10 17:41:16 MDT 2009

Sorry I was incorrect. The freezing product they tested was not Loctite but CRC Freeze-off although I suspect it;s almost the same as the Loctite. Same principle at least. The worst was WD-40, slighlty better was Liquid Wrench, PB Blaster was the best by far. The CRC was about equal to the PB. You spray for 10 sec to drop the temperature 70 degrees or so opening cracks and micorscopic fissures in the rust allowing the penetrants in the product to better get into the threads. They did caution using where it would contact rubber parts. Remember this was a trial to see which worked best on glass boats.

Jim Brown