[Healeys] Fluid Soaked Brake Shoes

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Fri Apr 3 21:31:22 MST 2009

I would say it depends how badly they were soaked.  Superficially, and
if you got it off quick you should be able to get most of it off.  If it
was soaked for awhile--likely, in your case--it might not be worth the
nagging feeling you get if you don't trust your brakes ;)

I got some diff oil on some shoes and even though I cleaned (and sanded)
them best I could they glazed.  Brake cleaner might be more effective on
brake fluid (duh).

Bob

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net