[Healeys] FW: Healey gearbox, rear end, driveshaft problems. MAYBE SOLVED?

Mark Schneider mandmschneider at comcast.net
Wed Apr 1 09:39:03 MST 2009

Randy,

I may have the answer to your question about the side-to-side movement
of the first motion shaft.  Just yesterday I reassembled my gear box
with the help of a couple of friends from the AH Club of Oregon.  When
we got the box completely together we noticed the first motion shaft
allowed some side-to-side movement of the first motion shaft.  I
called the local Brit shop and asked if that was normal?  , could it
be corrected?  I was told by the head of the British Car Works In
North Plains, OR, west of Portland, this movement is normal and would
be corrected when the shaft is in place mated up with the rear of the
engine.

Marks3