[Healeys] Sebring 2009

Awgertoo at aol.com Awgertoo at aol.com
Thu Oct 30 12:17:40 MST 2008

Jim--

I've run my Elva Courier for the last three years in the SVRA races, which
play a small part of the run-up to the  Saturday 12-Hour event.  Going to
Sebring is a pilgrimage for me  too as I grew up in Miami and used to go there in
the late 1950's and early  1960's.  I plan to run again in 2009--my son met and
crewed for  me last year and we'll probably do the same thing this year as
well.

There really are no seats at Sebring except over the covered pits, but  your
entry will gain you access to virtually everywhere in the paddock, infield,
etc.  There are bleachers and raised "observation mounds" scattered about  the
track and sightlines are good just about everywhere.

Plan on doing a lot of walking as there is lots to see--Sebring  is like a
gigantic State Fair and many people just go there not so much to  watch the
racing as to build plywood structures, sit on trashy couches and  drink the week
away.  The spectators are as much a part of the show as is  the racing.  This
is central Florida but a far cry from Orlando!

Make your room reservations early--there is a shortage of  accomodations.

Best--Michael Oritt

In a message dated 10/30/2008 10:25:58 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,