[Healeys] Reproduction British Chrome Question

tomleavy at comcast.net tomleavy at comcast.net
Wed Oct 29 04:57:23 MST 2008

Hi Listers-

Does anyone have any experience in dealing with UK Spares for replacement chrome? I have searched alot of posts about rechroming, and am considering purchasing the "premium" parts this company offers in lieu of agonizing over finding an affordable, reliable rechromer. I have done a body off resto, and while I want it to look perfect, I'm afraid I may wind up paying $1000 or more extra to refinish my original bits. Right now, I'm looking at about $1700 to outright buy all new chrome (exclusive of windscreen and vent windows).

The body of my BJ7 came out beautiful, and the original pieces that I thought I could get by with are no longer acceptable to me (sound familiar?). I would like to adorn it with jewelry that reflects this finish. I am interested in hearing your experiences with the Brit replacements, the fit, the finish, and how it compares in price to rechromed original parts. Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Tom
63 BJ7