[Healeys] 100 Girling shocks

Charlie Baldwin mgcharlie at comcast.net
Fri Oct 24 11:29:13 MDT 2008

Peter,
MG started using Armstrong shocks in '52 and modified the inner part of
the fender (not an inner fender like a Healey has) to supposedly
accommodate them.  I recently sold a '51 that I believe had Armstrong on
it and they appeared to fit fine.  I've currently got a '53 that has one
of each, and with the two car package that I bought (the '51 & '53),
there was an extra Girling, so we kept it for the '53.
I think that MG used either that was available later in production
starting production with the Girlings.
I can check about change points, etc., but in any case it was way before
1955.
That could lend credence to Austin-Healey not using Girlings in
production, except for what Rich has said.
Charlie