[Healeys] wiring or testing of electronic Tach question , testing of fuel gauge

BJ8Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Sun Oct 19 19:22:29 MDT 2008

Jerry, attached is a photo showing the correct loop direction for negative
ground.

There is a bench test process for the fuel gauge, although it's for an MG,
at: http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/electric/fg_06.htm

The test procedures for the Healey and MG gauges are the same, although Mo
Ma told me the Smiths gauges should be seeing about 90 ohms when registering
full, rather than 68 ohms as the above procedure gives.

If you decide after the bench check to try to calibrate it yourself, get
back to me because there are some cautions you should observe to avoid
damaging the gauge.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry