[Healeys] keys

BJ8Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Sat Oct 18 15:44:40 MDT 2008

Hi, Andy -

I think you intended to ask why the cert does not identify the glovebox key.
Of the 620 certs currently in the BJ8 registry collection, most (including
yours) do give a number for the ignition key, but only one of them also
gives the glovebox key number.
Why the certs list an ignition key number but not a glovebox key is
something perhaps only BMIHT can answer.  The most likely explanation is
that the glovebox key numbers were not recorded on the Body Production
Windscreen Cards.  However, in some cases where the BJ8 registry collection
has more than one copy of a cert obtained at different times for the same
car, the data provided is not the same.
For example, one cert for HBJ8L/25447 gives numbers for gearbox, rear axle,
and key while the other cert gives none of those numbers.

None of the 52 certs I have for the very last BJ8s, between chassis 42922
and the very last one (43026) give any key numbers at all.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC  USA