[Healeys] Sticking Valve: was Things That Make You Go Hmmm

WILLIAM B LAWRENCE ynotink at msn.com
Fri Oct 17 21:18:22 MDT 2008

Michael,

I'm running iron guides in my engine and have concluded that the sticking of
the #3 exhaust valve may have been caused by heat generated by a lean
condition in the rear carburetor. I've done the "rev and block airflow"
technique and the rear carb is now reacting to tuning as it's supposed to.
Must have been something in the jet. At least that's the theory until
something better comes along.

Thanks for the input.

Bill Lawrence
> Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 06:12:12 -0700
> From: msalter at rallycat.ca
> Subject: Re: [Healeys] Sticking Valve: was Things That Make You Go Hmmm
> To: healeys at autox.team.net; ynotink at msn.com
>
> Hi Bill, If you have bronze valve guides in your engine I would recommend
that you read this blog article...