[Healeys] Stuart Turner.

J. Scott Morris jstmorris at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 17 19:55:42 MDT 2008

I understand Stuart Turner is an excellent speaker with a very good sense of
humor.  I am certainly looking forward to meeting him, along with Ann Wisdom
and Peter Riley, at the Conclave next year.  I believe it was back in 1961
that Stuart Turner co-drove a Saab with Eric Carlsson in the Canadian Winter
Rally.   When you put the names altogether, it was a very small rallying
world.  Anyway, in 2009 Stuart, Ann and Peter will be at the 2009 Conclave in
Kingston, Ontario.

You can check out the events planned for the Conclave at
  http://home.golden.net/~bjslater/conclave2009F/index.html
And the Austin Healey Club of Southern Ontario website is at:
http://www.ahcso.com

--Scott Morris; Simcoe, Ontario, Canada
J. Scott Morris - Keep Smiling, Murphy Lives

--- On Fri, 10/17/08, Mr. Bill <bn1 at pacbell.net> wrote: <<  What Patrick
failed to mention was Stuart's rise from a humble rally co-driver to manager
of BMC's Competitions Department and on to Director of Motorsports for Ford in
Europe before his retirement.  I, too, had the pleasure of hearing him speak
at the 2002 50th Anniversary Celebration, Wokefield Park, U.K.  This is the
first time I've ever seen Patrick yell.  (All capital letters in an email.)
Please take my word that that was an understatement!  I was told at the time
that his normal speaking fee was #4,000 (Now $6,920 US) but that he spoke
gratis for the Healey Club.  I would hope the AHC of A got a break for their
airfare ;-)  Bill Barnett >>

Patrick and Caroline Quinn wrote: << G'day Scott    Great to see Stuart Turner
receiving the credit he deserves. I had the pleasure of interviewing him a few
years back and have heard him speak a couple of times and he is full of
stories of the period. He is also one of the most consummate public speakers
in the UK and has won awards for his speaking. But of importance Stuart is
also VERY, VERY funny.  I will have to think about coming. Hoo Roo   Patrick
Quinn   Sydney, Australia >>
Tired of
spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com