[Healeys] Oil to Rockers

Bromfield Alan AlanBromfield at tfl.gov.uk
Wed Oct 8 04:48:05 MDT 2008

Hey Marvin.
This is almost certainly swarf in the Ally head. Jeremy Welch is aware
of a batch of heads with this problem and a fellow club member
encountered it earlier this year. Give Jeremy a call to get the remedy
method first-hand from the man.

Sorry about the mandatory disclaimers at the bottom, but I am in work
and felt this needed an immediate response.

Best
Alan Bromfield
http://www.nfahc.co.uk

Regards
>I just fired up my rebuilt 100 engine intending to break in the
cam/tappets.
>It runs great and I was doing the 1500 to 2500 RPM thing and watching
the
>rockers. Quickly apparent no oil to the rockers. Oil pressure was a
solid 50
>PSI. Disconnected the tube from the head to the rockers and confirmed
no
>oil. Any ideas? My thoughts are:
>Junk blocking an oil passage. Block was cleaned and looked good (when
bare)
>Head gasket upside down. Don't think this probable
>Cam bearing clocked wrong and blocking passage. I was pretty careful
with
>this but I've screwed up before.
>Blocked passage in head. This is a new Denis Welch Aluminium head.
>I'm leaning towards the cam bearings unless someone has another idea.
Groan
>I'd love for someone to tell me I have the headgasket installed wrong.

******
The contents of the e-mail and any transmitted files are confidential and
addressed. Transport for London hereby exclude any warranty and any liability
as to the quality or accuracy of the contents of this email and any attached
transmitted files. If you are not the intended recipient be advised that you
have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding,
printing or copying of this email is strictly prohibited., If you have
received this email in error please notify postmaster at tfl.gov.uk., This email
has been sent from Transport for London, or from one of the companies within
its control within the meaning of Part V of the Local Government and Housing
Act 1989. Further details about TfL and its subsidiary companies can be found
at http://www.tfl.gov.uk/ourcompany, This footnote also confirms that this