[Healeys] FW: Air Fuel Meters easy to find?>

Dave Porter frogeye at porterscustom.com
Tue Oct 7 11:18:13 MDT 2008

Thanks Bob,
 I thought it was true no-lead.

frogeye at porterscustom.com

Porter Customs
Albuquerque, NM USA 87107
505-352-1378
1954 BN2
Porter Custom Bicycles
www.britishcarforum.com/portercustoms.html
http://picasaweb.google.com/porterscustombicycles/PorterCustomBicyclesStuff

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Spidell [mailto:bspidell at comcast.net]
Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2008 11:06 AM
To: Dave Porter; healeys at autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] FW: Air Fuel Meters easy to find?>

The most commonly available avgas is 100LL.  It's 100 octane lean and 110
rich.

The "LL" stands for low-lead, but it's only relative.  130 octane avgas is
no longer available but had, I believe, 3grams of elemental lead per liter.
The "LL" has, I believe, 2g/l ... still quite a bit of lead.  Large
displacement/high HP aircraft engines cannot survive on currently available
unleaded fuel ... bound to be a problem for the light aircraft industry
someday.  Even the (until recently available) 80-octane avgas had quite a
bit of lead in it.

Gary, you can get unleaded 100-octane VP racing fuel at a gas station in Los
Altos.

Bob