[Healeys] (no subject)

insptwo at msn.com insptwo at msn.com
Thu Oct 2 21:13:25 MDT 2008

Okay Patrick:
I give up! Would you kindly explain what a "Bablefish" is. Here in southern
Florida, I have not come across that word so I am in limbo as to what you are
referring to.
Regards:
Bill
BJ7

> Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 11:12:59 +1000> From: Patrick.Quinn at det.nsw.edu.au>
To: jodyfkerr at gmail.com; bighealey at charter.net> CC: healeys at autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] (no subject)> > G'day> > I am going out into the
streets of Sydney at lunchtime and if I run into> a 250lb adult male Red
Kangaroo that stands close to 9ft tall on its> hind legs I will probably give
it a wide berth. I don't think I would> stop to pass the time of day with it,
so I wouldn't know whether it's in> a good mood or not.> > If however I were
to run into Steve Pike at the Sydney Opera House or> any other place in Sydney
I would suggest a pleasant lunch overlooking> the harbour, perhaps with a nice
Chardonnay or two. After that Steve> would probably come back to my home for
the night where we would discuss> all sorts of different things over more than
a bottle of red.> > There are 47 different varieties of kangaroo and some are
cute and> cuddly and others are pleasant to look at from a distance. Cute and>
cuddly or not I don't think I would like any kangaroo or wallaby staying> in
my home.> > There are probably more than 12 million kangaroos here and the
meat is> virtually fat free and has a distinct gamey taste to it.> > Actually
saw two kangaroos this morning. I thought the one sleeping on> the side of the
road was a bit strange. The other one was hopping across> a paddock as I went
by in the train. I wasn't wearing my Babelfish so I> don't know how they were
feeling either.> > Hoo Roo> > Patrick Quinn> Sydney, Australia> >
-----Original Message-----> From: Jody Kerr [mailto:jodyfkerr at gmail.com]>
Sent: Friday, 3 October 2008 10:53 AM> To: Tracy Drummond> Cc: David Z; Quinn,
Patrick; Heard; HealeyMail List> Subject: Re: [Healeys] (no subject)> > " One
last question, are kangaroos really as ill tempered as say for> example> Steve
Pike?"> > Only if you thump 'em a few times. Nomally they're relatively
docile> and won't thump you unless you try to thump them.> >