[Healeys] (no subject)

Quinn, Patrick Patrick.Quinn at det.nsw.edu.au
Wed Oct 1 17:55:39 MDT 2008

G'day

Must be a slow news day out there in Austin-Healey land!

Is Mick Dundee Dinki-Di? Stone the Crows. Is the Pope a Catholic? Does a
dog have fleas?

Didn't you know we all walk about with crocodile teeth hats and carry 10
inch long knives? Why just last night I had to fight off three packs of
marauding drop-bears on my way home. Plus I don't want to be reminded
about the menacing numbats and half-starved bilbies I had to fight off
just to get into my front door.

Fair Dinkum! Mick Dundee was purely a Hollywood aberration and under no
circumstances do we call them shrimps. If it looks like a prawn, smells
like a prawn and tastes like a prawn - it is a prawn no matter if it's
small, medium or large.

Yes we are downunder, but that depends on what way is up. Yes I am
dinki-di as I was born here and I am a believer in our way of life in
that everyone should be treated equally and given a fair go. Right here
in a country that has a greater number of rare Austin-Healeys per capita
than any other country.

I also speak without an accent as anyone who has met me can testify.
Can't say the same for the blokes I met in the US.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia

1947 Healey Duncan Saloon