[Healeys] Doors and trunk lid do not fit- help

Ronald Corazzo roncorazzo02 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 29 19:51:29 MST 2008

    I would like to thank everyone that took the time and gave suggestion,
reference material and how I could get more reference material on fitting the
doors.   I got to the point that the doors were lining up correctly but the
doors were still binding on the fenders.  A member of the Austin Healey Club
Minnesota recommended a person that did a good job on his Doors.   He came
over yesterday and this is what happened.

   Both doors had it own set of problem.    One door the holes had to be
enlarged so the door could come out farther.  The other side door had to be
jacked up by a floor jack.  The back and front fenders had to be removed.   I
did not have to tell the guy that was working on the car that it was in an
accident in the front end.  The front part that the door is hinged to was
pushing out so the fender was sticking out farther then it should.   That part
had to be hammered back into place. I listen for 6 hours of hammering metal on
metal, hammering on a to-by -four, grinding and drilling on both doors and
fenders.  b
This part was stress full for meb
 Both doors are fitting pretty
good at this point.  I have to order more shims for each side then we will
work on it again. With the strike plate, shims and finish piece.

    I have not tackled the trunk, this still remains a mystery