[Healeys] Battery charger recommendations

F. Ronald Rader f.ronald.rader at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 21:26:43 MST 2008

Hey Bruce.
The Healey is one of the few of my cars that I do not have to use the
trickle charger.
It always starts even if I forget to turn the switch off.

Having said that I recently bought two battery tenders and I am having
the shop mount the connectors that attach to the battery and leave a
little tail hanging out. It can be stuffed away. Esp. important for my
XK 150 because the battery is tucked in the front fender and hard to
get to.

The cars that really need it are cars new than 1995 that have
electronics on them. I am told some of the newer cars (2003 on) will
not hold a charge beyond three weeks.

I had to put a new battery in my 1998 550 M even though the old one
was less than a year old because it had been drained so many times.  I
put an Optima in and I have no problems between 6 to 8 weeks of
parking with out a trickle charger.
ron