[Healeys] Dropping prices of collector cars

Jorge Garcia fortee9er at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 27 11:13:18 MST 2008

It is my opinion that the lofty prices paid for "muscle cars" is total idiocy. These cars were not hand built, they were shodily built and they were built in huge numbers, if you consider all variations. I just don't see paying crazy money for grandma's Plymouth just because it has a hemi. At end of the day it is still a Plymouth just faster.
Then there is that other thing collectors look for, provenance. If the car competed in events such as Daytona, Sebring, LeMans...etc Then the price can be justified for that specific car but not as a whole class of cars.
Don't get me wrong I think the cars are collectible I just don't see the justification/value for the money paid.
Happy Thanksgiving
Jorge Garcia
1986 Buick Grand National (sold)
1966 Pontiac GTO (high school occasional ride)