[Healeys] Dropping prices of collector cars

F. Ronald Rader f.ronald.rader at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 23:34:24 MST 2008

Based on my experience at the last few auctions there are still buyers
for very very nice cars.

These people seem to want to drive them more than "collect "them.

Compared to other cars offered these Healeys and Jags are relative
bargains and provide entrance to many events.

The thing holding up the price is the cost to do a frame off or ground
up restoration continues to increase driven by the hours required to
do it right, the higher cost of labor, and increased costs of parts.

Most of these buyers can write checks but cannot do the work.
First condition cars will continue to bring top dollar.

ron rader

1967 e FHC
1965 BJ8