[Healeys] BJ8 Starter Part II

Alan Seigrist healey.nut at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 17:29:32 MST 2008

Jorge -

If the solenoid is bad, it should still work if you press it down
manually.  With the rubber cap sometimes you have to push it pretty
hard.  If you hear nothing then it means something is wrong with the
starter or the electrical connections are bad.

Its also quit possible the bendix is stuck on the ring gear.  A couple
of raps on the front of the starter with a small hammer might dislodge
it.

Alan