[Healeys] BN2 -100 lemans

Rich C richchrysler at quickclic.net
Fri Nov 21 14:11:03 MST 2008

There are so many detail hings wrong with this car, it's ridiculous. Whoever
built this car up doesn't know anything about Healeys, let alone the Lemans
bits. All I can see that could be remotely considered Lemans is the bonnet
strap and the wrong louver pattern on the bonnet, possibly a larger diameter
antisway bar. Much of it looks like they simply bought things from a
catologue and stuck them on the car.
Most things can be changed and made right but the irreversible is that  the
louvers on the bonnet are totally wrong. The pictures showing the rear inner
dogleg area seem to have a riveted plate?? fitted in there.
The interior is all wrong in that it should be blue, not black. There are
terrible full pleats in horribly over stuffed seats, there's no arm rest and
the doors sport set of Amco style door panels with elastic pockets right out
of the '60's. The Armacord is running the wrong way on the rear deck behind
the seats, and under the seats. Armacord should be on the propshaft tunnel
on a BN2, not carpet. All the Armacord is bound wrong.  It looks as though
the top doesn't fasten to the body behind the doors. And what's with the
blue vinyl covered dash? White painted wheels?
The engine colours are wrong as are a lot of the engine bay pieces.

On the other hand this car appears to me to have been carefully done as far
as body panel fit and finish. It looks like somebody perhaps ran out of
funds or whatever, and handed it to somebody to slap together and sell
quickly. Divorce requiring quick settlement, death, who knows, but to me it
has all the signs.

I would love to have the opportunity to correct all the details on this car.
It has the potential of being an excellent BN2.

FWIW, the chassis number listed would have a built date of approx. late
Sept. '55, so it's a relatively early BN2.

If anybody knows the car I'd like to obtain (for the Registry) the rest of
the numbers and who the owner is (or will be).

Rich Chrysler
Hundred Registrar