[Healeys] brake master cylinder

Alan Seigrist healey.nut at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 19:55:21 MST 2008

James -

Two things -

Your BN6 is 4 x drum brakes.  You have to take up the slack on the shoes
first before putting the car on the road.  I am sure this is your problem -
you are pumping up the brakes which pushes the shoes to take up the slack to
the drum because you haven't adjusted the shoes yet.

If that doesn't fix it, try bleeding the brakes using a ezibleed kit (best
way to bleed a difficult system), starting L Rear, R Rear, L Front, then
finally R Front.

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1