[Healeys] Alternator vs. generator

John Harper ah at jharper.demon.co.uk
Wed Nov 12 07:31:07 MST 2008

May I just add that converting to negative ground when using such items
as cell phone, GPS, and iPods is rarely necessary so long as the 'power
plug' itself is correctly connected.

One has to ask, when did you last see one of these items with exposed
metal that could somehow be connected to either power rail? If the item
is fully insulated then there is no problem.

Regards

--
John Harper