[Healeys] Young Healey owners

T W ah3000me at gmail.com
Sat May 31 18:53:43 MDT 2008

An important way to get people interested in Healeys is to get out and drive
them.   Many times a family will pass while I'm driving mine -- when I look
over, I see little faces pressed to window,  eyes wide open.  These are
great-looking cars.   Get them on the road, and they speak for themselves.

A couple of weeks ago two guys in their 30's asked me about the car -- they
wanted to know if it was just recently introduced!    I explained it was 40+
years old and they were amazed.  There are probably a lot more people who
have never seen one than this group would guess. With production in the few
thousand cars per year, the odds of seeing on the road, even in the 60's and
70's, wasn't too great.

There's been quite a lot of discussion regarding the Caravan for Kids drive
on the way to the conclave this summer.   Is anyone arranging for press
coverage of the drive?

- Tom