[Healeys] Young Healey owners

Awgertoo at aol.com Awgertoo at aol.com
Fri May 30 15:49:46 MDT 2008

I'm not so sure interest in LBC's, etc will transfer easily to future
generations. I think the reason our Healeys (or others Jags, MG's, etc) mean so
much to us of "a certain age" is that they are evocative of our youths when  we
either owned or aspired to owning them.  My first car was a  TR3 followed by a
couple of Healeys, then an E-Jag, then a 356 followed  by BMW's as I acquired
a need for "more sensible"  transportation.

This is a true story:  A fellow I know from an all-marque club in my  area
had a lovely 356 SC coupe that he restored and drove regularly.  When  he told
his teenaged son that the car would one day be his the boy said how  great that
was as he could sell it and get enough money to buy a  new Lexus or the like.
 The guy sold the Porsche and I don't think he  gave the money to his son.

Best--Michael Oritt

In a message dated 5/30/2008 5:35:26 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,