[Healeys] 3000 fuel pump access

Greg Lemon glemon at neb.rr.com
Fri May 30 06:40:01 MDT 2008

This is a question I got from  someone in my club, not being familiar with
the later Healeys as much I don't know the answer, bt someone on the list
does I am sure:

"A quick question not related to Fish Night: apparently the electric fuel
pump on my BJ8 has taken ill and will require
some time in a Healey hospital. This Sunday I decided to remove it, but
unlike the 1000-6 that I owned 45 years ago,
the 3000's fuel pump is not accessed simply by lifting up the rear seat on
the passenger side. I tried everything I could
think of to get at it, but could not get the rear seat to budge. Is it
possible that it is only accessible from underneath?
Or is there some way to remove the back seat that is not obvious to one who
is mechanically-challenged?

Any advice or direction you might be able offer would be GREATLY
appreciated!   Jim Olson"

I'll forward the information--thanks, Greg Lemon