[Healeys] A senior citizen and his Austin-Healey

Daniel and Diane White dwhite4949 at wowway.com
Fri May 30 06:34:20 MDT 2008

A Michigan senior citizen decided to take his newly restored Austin-
Healey roadster out for a spin.  Taking off down the road, he floored it
to 80 mph enjoying the wind blowing through what little hair he had left.
"Amazing," he thought as he flew down I-75, pushing the pedal even more.
Looking in his rear view mirror, he saw the state police behind him,
blue lights flashing and siren blaring. He floored it to 100 mph, then
110, then 120. Suddenly he thought, "What am I doing? I'm too old for
this" and pulled over to await the officer's arrival. Pulling in behind
him, the trooper walked up to the the car - the officer looked at his
watch and said, "Sir, my shift ends in 30 minutes.  Today is Friday. If
you can give me a reason for speeding that I've never heard before, I'll
let you go."  The old gentleman paused. Then said, "Years ago, my wife
ran off with a Michigan State Trooper. I thought you were bringing her
back."
"Have a good day, sir," replied the officer.