[Healeys] Non Healey Healey question - custom brake cable manufacturer?

sebring at illawarra.hotkey.net.au sebring at illawarra.hotkey.net.au
Mon May 26 21:22:44 MDT 2008

A technique I have used by with a part manufactured to adjust the length of
cables consisted of a broad horseshoe shaped bracket that clipped over the
cable. In the centre between the two ends of the horseshoe was a saddle that
fits against the cable. This saddle sits at the end of an adjustable screw that
enables the cable to be deflected between the two ends and artificially
shortening the cable by taking up the slack. The threaded screw is held in a
threaded hole in the U of the horseshoe. Saves getting a new cable. I have had
several GMH cars with this gadget
Joe