[Healeys] Where does the gas go? NOT HEALEY- POLITICAL

Ron Davies rdavies1 at cox.net
Sat May 24 19:09:37 MDT 2008

"look at those crazy Americans, wasting all that gas!"

Don
former BN7 owner
Don:
Since you asked to be flamed....
While I don't watch the particular race you are referring to....
If the rest of the world thinks we are "crazy" then they are "judgmental"
which is hypocritical, insensitive and mean spirited.

If the citizens of the most productive society of the (shrinking) free world
want to drill for oil in their own country, refine it and use it for driving
or whatever, then that's really their business and no one else's.

If they think we are crazy from a "carbon footprint standpoint", rational
scientists (I am one) don't buy the totally political "global warming caused
by man" myth, especially since CO2 follows warming not the other way around
and we have been in a 14yr cooling cycle anyway. More ice in the Antarctic,
recent proof that normal warming cycles have nothing to due with hurricanes,
etc. As a teenager the "debate was over" and we were supposed to be in an
ice age by now. Warming-cooling cycles are normal. Adapt.

As we in the US go into our Memorial Day weekend remembering the soldiers
that gave their lives to keep the free world free, I say burn all the fuel
you want as long as you are not taking it by force from someone else.
And no, the Iraq war is not about oil. If it were we would have been pumping
billions of barrels for free, which is what I would have done had I been
President.  And yes, the USA is not perfect, but it beats the xxxx out of
the alternatives.

OK, you asked for it...now have a great weekend!
Ron Davies
SoCal
BJ8
DB7