[Healeys] Speed Calibration

J. Scott Morris jstmorris at yahoo.com
Sun May 18 20:58:59 MDT 2008

   Hi Bob;

   Here is an Excel spread sheet I developed many years ago that
   calculates MPH & RPM given various rear-end ratios and overdrive
   reductions.  The various inputs are identified in !blue" and a graph
   is provided which illustrates the MPH at given RPM.  The spread sheet
   is based on two sources:

   1.       "Laycock Overdrive - Section 1: Working Principles,
   Maintenance and Fault Finding"

   2.       "Laycock Overdrive ...as fitted to the AUSTIN-HEALEY 100"  a
   brochure provided when each car was purchased

   If you have any questions, do drop me a note.

   --Scott Morris; Simcoe, Ontario, Canada; "60 MkI BN7 & "62 MkII BT7

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/octet-stream which had a name of MPH]