[Healeys] Hot Healeys

Mr. Bill BN1 at pacbell.net
Sun May 18 11:41:08 MDT 2008

Hi Bob,

First, it's hard to tell from your email if you wrapped just the down
pipes or the cast iron manifolds as well.  If you wrapped the manifolds,
GET IT OFF NOW or you will have a major melt down!

If it was just the down pipes, I don't really know and perhaps others
can advise.  I can tell you that I used header wrap on my daily driver
240Z and it totally fried every weld in the headers.  I sounded like a
"Midasize it" commercial!  Others on my Z List had the same experience.
It seems to be good for the track, but not for something driven a lot.

Yes, there is a lot more heat coming out the pipe.  And depending on
your mufflers, it will fry the guts out of them as well.

YMMV But for such a cheap item, it cost me a hellova lot of time and $!

Bill Barnett
'53 BN1 two-owner
'72 240Z one-owner