[Healeys] Healeys

Tom Mitchell 3000mk3 at bighealey.org
Sun May 11 09:49:05 MDT 2008

Hi Doug,
 I installed magnetic third brake lights, a Toyota transmission and
Alternator for a variety of reasons
1) In some cases my old one parts needed extensive work, yes I could have
gotten them fixed.
2) All mods are reversible, which means no cutting or modifying existing
structure, wiring etc.
3) Safety (third brake light) and reliability, transmission and alternator.
3) I wanted my wife, sons and whomever to be able to drive it, without
worrying about a non syncro 1st gear, or worry if someone could see that
they were braking in time.

I drive my car (I have two BJ8, one all original waiting for time and money)
anywhere and everywhere, Vermont, NC, Ohio, Chicago, upstate Michigan, I
don't hesitate to drive it.
I've lent it to friends for weddings; I've let a group of five teenage (19
yrs old) girls drive it around town. They (Healeys) are meant to be driven
and enjoyed and I think the mods assist in that. I have all the original
parts, except where a friend has borrowed my overdrive many years ago and is
still using it.

I don't want a kit car; it's not the same nor is it MY HEALEY!

Tom Mitchell
1965 Austin Healey BJ8 Mark III
Ann Arbor, Michigan