[Healeys] Seam sealer followup

Rich C richchrysler at quickclic.net
Sun May 11 07:51:34 MDT 2008

Elton,

We always use seam sealer, carefully and thoroughly applied to all seams
that have the slightest chance of getting water into them. Capillary action
will cause water to creep between two sandwiched surfaces so everything
possible must be done to prevent this.
Use a caulking that is meant specifically for this job, an automotive caulk
that is meant to take paint, and will not eventually go brittle, break down
and fall out.. Not cheap, but very effective.
Would you build a house and not caulk around door and window trims, allowing
water to get in there and start rot? I think not.

Rich Chrysler