[Healeys] Trailering your Healey.

richard mayor mayorrichard at hotmail.com
Sat May 10 19:24:10 MDT 2008

Not necessarily so. Frist, it depends on how far you are trailering it. Are
you trailering it from Portland, Oregon to the east coast and back to race the
Brits or the Aussies? Say, 6000 miles plus. Or, are you taking it over to the
muffler shop to have new muffler bearings installed? Is your trailer one with
that fancy suspension that does not bounce all over the place, the way small
trailers with springs do?  I have both kinds of trailers and I tow my race car
using the frame attachments. Compressing the springs and shocks a little more
does no harm. Just sitting in the garage your springs and shocks are already
compresssed. The biggest concern is if you are trailering a long distance, you
are using a small bouncy trailer, and you use the tires, A-arms and rear end
to tie it down. The car will bounce all over the place and work the hell out
of your shocks. Never put it in gear. And check your tie-downs after a few
miles, thereafter every few hundred miles. Richard
 > From: Awgertoo at aol.com> Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 10:12:31 -0400> To:
clocks at midcoast.com; healeys at autox.team.net> Subject: Re: [Healeys] Trailering
your Healey.> > James--> > It's best to tie a car down by an axle or A-arm
rather than the frame so as > not to put the springs &/or shocks in a constant
state of compression. There > are short straps with D-rings on either end and
protective sleeves around > the webbing made specifically for that
application, then hook into them with > conventional ratcheting straps.> >
---------------------------------- > > > In a message dated 5/10/2008 8:38:47
A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, > clocks at midcoast.com writes:> > when I > put the
Healey on yesterday I could not find easy attachment points on the > frame for
the cross hold down straps.> > > > > **************Wondering what's for Dinner
Tonight? Get new twists on family > favorites at AOL Food. >
(http://food.aol.com/dinner-tonight?NCID=aolfod00030000000001)>