[Healeys] Trailering your Healey.

Tracy Drummond bighealey at charter.net
Sat May 10 07:51:24 MDT 2008

James,

Last year I installed a set of hold down rings on all four corners of my
Healey.  They came from Bill Bolton of Bolt-on Healeys in Creswell OR
(tri-carb at aol.com).

On the front they are similar to what the Canadian tow eyes.  On the rear
they are his special recipe.  They use existing bolts and holes so no
cutting or welding is required.

I believe these to be exactly what you are looking for.  In their absence I
would recommend a strap around the rear axle on each side on the rear and a
strap around the frame cross-member on each side up front.

Others may chime in here as my car (knock on wood) has only been on a
trailer once since I owned it and that was when it was delivered.  But if I
do have to call AAA for a flatbed or trailer it, I have the four corner tow
eyes ready.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Tracy Drummond                  Gang Warily !
President AHCUSA              www.healey.org