[Healeys] Electrical Issue - need help

Linwood H Rose linwoodrose at mac.com
Fri May 9 12:20:45 MDT 2008

Thanks to all who responded to my plea for help to sort out the
electrical problem I was having. Special thanks to Alan, Rod, David,
Phillip, Alex, John, Bill!

These cars do have a way of humbling you! I feel a little silly, but I
did learn some good things from this experience about the sequencing
of tracking down an electrical gremlin.

I have about 4 connectors for various purposes on the incoming
solenoid post for the battery cable. Even though the nut securing the
terminals on the post was tight, I loosened it and tested wires one at
a time for juice. Everything worked as it should. Turns out that I
just restacked the terminals on the post, put a little dielectric gunk
on the assembly and tightened down the lock washer and nut.

Just like that, full power restored - everything working! I am
extremely pleased that I had no faulty components and that I did not
have to stand on my head in the engine bay for long - but I also feel
a little silly that it was such a simple thing.

Again, thanks to all. The weekend will be much better knowing that I
can drive my car, rather than having to fix my car.

Cheers!

Lin
1960 BT7 "The Bloody Beast"
1959 AN5 Bugeye