[Healeys] Which replacement fuel tank for 62 BN7?

Austin Healey ah62bn7 at yahoo.com
Fri May 9 09:01:18 MDT 2008

Hello all,

After apparently running out of gas 6 times in 30 min
in my 62 BN7, I fitted a new fuel pump, and then
learned that little fuel is getting to the pump
because the tank has a lot of black debris in it. It's
an original tank, so I'm writing to ask about
replacement tanks. Moss says they finally have a
correct-fitting zinc-coated steel tank for $300, and
there are aluminum and stainless tanks available. What
do you recommend and why? By the way, after sitting
for 18 years, I had the original tank cleaned and
coated 5 years ago, and it's apparently deteriorating,
so I don't want to keep the original tank.

Thanks very much,

RSS