[Healeys] New SU pump leaking 67 BJ8

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Mon May 5 11:06:14 MDT 2008

Working from memory--so could be wrong--but even the new SUs with the 0-ring still use fiber washers next to the banjo bolt head.  Did you replace these?  If not, try new--they "crush" to form a seal and usually aren't reusable (maybe in a pinch).  Tighten pretty tight, but remember the pump housing is aluminum and can be cross-threaded or cracked by the steel banjo bolt.  Re-tighten after a few hours of operation.  Also make sure you didn't munge the o-rings.

You measured 12V because there's 12V potential, but the harness wire was limiting current (in effect, acting like a resistor).

bs

Bob Spidell         San Jose, CA        bspidell at comcast.net

From: "Ron Davies" <rdavies1 at cox.net>