[Healeys] gas additives

Leonard Hartnett thehartnetts at earthlink.net
Sat May 3 23:51:45 MDT 2008

Oh my gosh!  Am I the only one that is running 87 octane in his Healey?  And
without aditives?  I buy the least expensive gas that I can find in town.
With most running in the $3.80 - $3.90 range, I found 'regular' at $3.77
this morning.  My engine does not ping.  I am not ashamed to run it in
autocrosses or hillclimbs or other 'speed' events - fourth in class in 2002
autocross, 2 seconds behind winner; 3rd in 2006 and 2nd in 2007;  69 MPH in
the 2002 1/4 mile speed run - top three cars in class were tied at 70 MPH.
I see no performance or economic advantage in using anything higher than
needed.

And I haven't had any problems with plugged injectors  <G> .

I am inclined to go along with Dave Porter:  if your engine is pinging,
perhaps you are in need of a tune-up.

(The Other) Len
Vacaville,  California,  USA
1967 3000 MKIII, HBJ8L39031