[Healeys] More interior questions!

William Berg williamsantiks at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 30 16:06:57 MST 2008

Thanks Rich, I would happily receive as many pictures as you are willing to
send on interior trim.
I did order Armacord and Carpet for the BN2 interior. It seems that they
overlooked that piece, I shall call Duncan tomorrow and request it,
That is the one for the tranny tunnel fixed section.
There is another piece that I have no Idea where it belongs. It is two pieces
of carpet sewn together at an angle with vinyl both inbetween bridging the gap
and
a piece that continues on its own on top of the middle seem. I shall photo
some of these oddball pieces this afternoon and Email you photos.
1.) Is the convertible top bolted through the rear side panels into caged nuts
or is there a pre-drilled, tapped plate that I am missing?
2.) Do you have a photo of the blanking plate that bolts to the passenger side
foot well where the holes for a right hand drive pedals are. I have the
kilmartin replacement box in place
with the tapped holes but the did not supply the plate and I have to fabricate
a replacement?
3.) The Moss interior kit that I ordered years ago and have used to good
effect came with a large roll of extra blue vinyl. Is this what I should use
 for covering the seat pan lips or edges, How far down does the trim extend
and does it go all the way around?
4.) The shelf package is to be trimmed as well. is the underside completely
covered or just the front and inner lip before the carpet lay-in?
5.) Is the trim piece around the handbrake base usually hand cut by the
restorer as well?

I have a good email ISP so generally i can receive a lot of photos at once!
Thanks Rich, you, David Nock  and so many others have made this restoration so
much clearer. I love the passion and the drive that helps keep these
gorgeous cars on the road in proper order, not hacked together as many were in
the 70's and 80's
I have two kids under 2 and I am 43 so this is my last car for a while. thanks
for helping me get it right -William Berg '54 BN1 221395