[Healeys] FW: threading

Michael Salter msalter at precisionsportscar.com
Sun Mar 30 07:39:00 MST 2008

Hi Dave,

That is absolutely true of the XPAG engines. As I recall this was part of an
early attempt at universal "metrification" in Britain. Pity it failed.
Amazingly, although the U.K. has now largely accepted the metric system they
still use MILES!!! and here in Canada, where again the metric system has
largely been adopted, the building industry still uses feet and inches.

The mind boggles.

Of course the U.S. is still adamantly "imperial" together with two other
countries in the world Liberia and Myanmar!!

Michael Salter

100 (1953)

AHX12 (1953)

Bugeye (1961)