[Healeys] I wish I would have done this before I put the engine in?

Rich C richchrysler at quickclic.net
Fri Mar 28 14:50:27 MST 2008

Hi Jerry,

To add to your list:

2a. Install wiring harness to back of car that runs vertically down inside
of left foot box. (no clearance after installation).

5. Install all white insulation panels (originals were asbestos)

6. Install steering column complete with bulkhead sealing plate and grommet.

7. Install throttle cross shaft and all linkage

8. Preinstall the inlet and exhaust manifolds onto the engine, but not the
heat shield or carbs.

9. Assemble the complete gearbox / overdrive assembly to the engine complete
with gearbox mounts so it all goes in together.

10. When engine goes into car, leave the left side engine mount off the
block until the engine is in the car to a point where (still suspended) you
can install the mount beneath the column.

11. Don't bring the beer out until everything is safely in the car, the
mounts are all done up completely and the lifting tackle is safely removed.

12. Celebrate another big step done (method of celebration your choice).

Rich Chrysler