[Healeys] Friday Funnies: Cliff's Law

Rich C richchrysler at quickclic.net
Fri Mar 28 06:45:06 MST 2008

      In one episode of "Cheers", Cliff is seated at the bar describing the
Buffalo Theory to his buddy, Norm. I don't think I've ever heard the concept
explained any better than this . .

      "Well you see, Norm, it's like this . . . A herd of buffalo can only
move as fast as the slowest buffalo. When the heard is hunted, it is the
slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural
selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and
health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the
weakest members.
      In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the
slowest brain cells. Now, as we know, excessive intake of alcohol kills brain
cells.  But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first.
In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells,
making the brain a faster and more efficient machine.   And that, Norm, is why
you always feel smarter after a few beers."

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of ATT000011.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of imstp_pets_cat_yellow_en.gif]