[Healeys] BN1 vs BN2 Front Fenders

glemon at neb.rr.com glemon at neb.rr.com
Tue Mar 25 08:07:59 MST 2008

Doug, I autocrossed my Healey 100 with 165/80 15s, 60 spoke wire wheels, and front disc brakes from a later Healey, no clearance problems with the earlier smaller radius  front fenders.

I alsa had a tube shock conversion on the front, don't know it that would make any difference, uses stock bump stops,  the 165/80s should have a bigger diameter than the 185/60s you are using so I would think you would be OK on the fender radius, don't know about side clearance, but plenty of 3000 driver's run 185s so that should be alright as well.

Nice tire size comparison link here:  http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Greg Lemon