[Healeys] Engine Start-up

Editorgary at aol.com Editorgary at aol.com
Sun Mar 23 10:46:37 MST 2008

Just took my new race engine through the start-up/run-in phase.
Crucial factors already touched on:
b" Proper high-zddp break-in oil in the engine and Molybdenum build grease on
the cam.
b" Bring up oil pressure by filling oil filter and cranking engine with coil
disconnected (I also turn off the fuel pump) until oil pressure is up before
actually firing up engine.
Then:
b" Drive car 500 miles (race car several sessions) then change oil with
second
fill of break-in oil, change filter, check/reset valves, and retorque engine,
then run another 1000 miles or so (or another race weekend) and repeat using
regular running oil.
b" Should be good to go.

Cheers
Gary