[Healeys] Help - Oil smoke in exhaust

Richard Ewald richard.ewald at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 07:50:40 MST 2008

My guess would be valve guides. Clearances change during warm up.  You may
have a case where when the engine is cold, the oil is too thick to go
between the guide and valve stem.  After a few minutes the oil thins out,
and you get smoke.  Then as the engine gets to full warm, the clearances
tighten to the point that no more oil.

If it were valve guides surely it