[Healeys] Friday Funnies

Richard Hosmer rahosmer at citlink.net
Fri Mar 21 23:26:23 MST 2008

on 3/21/08 9:57 PM, WILLIAM B LAWRENCE at ynotink at msn.com wrote:

> I guess the more pertinent question then would be: Since the Japanese
> attacked us and the Germans declared war on us why did we in turn attack the
> Solomon Islands and North Africa? They didn't have anything to do with it...

Well, since we did not attack the indigenous peoples of EITHER of those
areas, but ONLY the previous invaders/occupiers of same - who had declared
war on us, and even then not until we were able to go on the offensive - the
statement is ludicrous, and a bit insulting, since it appears to be nothing
more than a deliberately-spun word game intended, not to inform, but simply
to antagonize.

Dick Hosmer